Parrotlets (or other parrots, parakeets or birds) should move in soon and everything is prepared – now only suitable parrotlet names are missing for the new family members!
Thus the parrotlet name finding does not become an ordeal here are a lot of ideas and inspirations for parrotlet names: From famous pairs up to exotic names for male and female birds! All couple names can, of course, be combined with each other, so that there are no limits to your imagination ?
We have decided for the names Wilma and Freddy (Flintstone) for our parrotlets – with the option to add (perhaps some time) Betty and Barney (Rubble) and perhaps some time Pepples and Bambam… However, for that, we would need a much larger cage…
But here we go! The ultimate parrotlet name list (the names are also suitable for parakeets and other birds):
Parrotlet Names for C
Books and movies:
- Aladdin and Jasmine
- Anakin and Padme (Star Wars)
- Arielle and Eric/Fabius
- Bambi and Knocker
- Bernhard and Bianca
- Bonny and Clyde
- Carl and Ellie (
- Carrie and Big (Sex and the City)
- Cindy & Bert (German pop duo)
- Clark and Lois (Superman)
- Edward and Bella (Twilight)
- Elizabeth Bennet and Fitzwilliam Darcy (Pride and Prejudice)
- Emma and Dexter (One Day)
- Esmeralda and Quasimodo
- Faust and Gretchen
- Han Solo and Leia (Star Wars)
- Hansel and Gretel
- Harry/Ron and Ginny/Hermine (Harry Potter)
- Harry and Sally
- Harold and Maude
- Heidi and Peter
- Jack and Rose (Titanic)
- Johnny and Baby (Francis) (Dirty Dancing)
- Kovu and Kiara (King of the Lions 2)
- Lilo and Stitch
- Luke and Lea (Star Wars)
- Nemo and Dorrie
- Neo and Trinity (Matrix)
- Pippi Longstocking and Mr Nilsson
- Pongo and
- Robin Hood and Lady Marian (Robin Hood)
- Romeo and Juliet
- Sandy and Danny (Grease)
- Scarlett and
Rheet(Gone with the Wind)
- Scheherazade and Shahrayâr (Thousand and One Nights)
- Shrek and Fiona
- Simba and Nala (Lion King)
- Stuart and Lucy (Minions)
- Susi and Strolch
- Tarzan and Jane
- Tommi and Annika (Pippi Longstocking)
- Wall-E and EVE
- Bart and Lisa (Simpsons)
- Betty and Barney (Rubble)
- Derek and Meredith (Grey’s Anatomy)
- Drogo and Daenerys (Game of Thrones)
dy) and Wilma (Flintstone)
- Hercules and Xena
- Homer and Marge (Simpsons)
- Howard and Bernadette (The Big Bang Theory)
- Jon and Ygritte (Game of Thrones)
- Kermit and Miss Piggy
- Leonard and Penny (The Big Bang Theory)
- Owen and Cristina (Grey’s Anatomy)
- Pebbles and Bambam (Flintstone)
- Pinky and Brain
- Rory and Dean/Logan/Jess (Gilmore Girls)
- Ross and Rachel (Friends)
- Sheldon and Amy (The Big Bang Theory)
- Agamemnon and Cassandra (Greek mythology)
- Aphrodite and Adonis/Ares/Eros (Greek mythology)
- Apollo and Daphne (Roman mythology)
- Armor and Psyche (Roman Mythology)
- Artemis and Apollo(s) (Greek mythology)
- Athena and Poseidon (Greek mythology)
- Aurora and Cephalus (Roman mythology)
- Bastet and Anubis (Egyptian mythology)
- Caesar and Cleopatra (Egyptian/Roman history)
- Akhenaten and Nefertiti (Egyptian history)
- Hades and Persephone (Greek mythology)
- Hector and Andromache (Greek mythology)
- Helena and Paris (Greek mythology)
- Isis and Osiris (Egyptian mythology)
- Jupiter and Juno (Roman mythology)
- Mars and Venus (Roman mythology)
- Odin and Freya (Nordic mythology)
- Orpheus and Eurydice (Greek mythology)
- Pandora and Epimetheus (Greek mythology)
- Paris and Helena (Greek mythology)
- Penelope and Odysseus (Greek mythology)
- Ramses and Nefertari (Egyptian mythology)
- Tristan and Isolde (legend)
- Zeus and Hera (Greek mythology)
- Charlie (Brown) and Pepper (Peppermint Patty) (Peanuts)
- Donald and Daisy
- Lucy and Linus (Peanuts)
- Mickey and Minni
- Adam and Eve
- Barbie and Ken
- Charles and Diana / Camilla
- Mary and Josep
- Milli and Vanilli
- Napoleon and Josephine
- Sissi and Franz
- Socrates and Xantippe
- Alfa and Romeo
- Batida and Coco
- Coco and Chanel
- Ebony and Ivory
- Feng and Shui
- Gin and tonic
- Jack(y) and Coke
- Jim and Beam
- Kiwi and Mango
- Link and Zelda
- Luna and Sol/Moon and Sun)
- Nino and Nina (weather phenomena)
- Pepsi and Coca/Cola
- Salt and Pepper
- Samba and Tango
- Sine and Cosine
- Sugar and Cinnamon
- Tequila and Sunrise
- Vodka and Lemon
- Ying and Yang
Names for Female Parrotlet Couples or Sisters
- Arya and Sansa (Game of Thrones)
- Caroline and Max (2 Broke Girls)
- Elsa and Anna (Frozen)
- Hanni and Nanni
- Lorelai and Rory (Gilmore Girls)
- Marissa and Summer (O.C., California)
- Meredith and Cristina (Grey’s Anatomy)
- Mona and Lisa
- Scheherazade and Dinharazade (Tausendundeine Nacht)
- Thelma and Louise
- Xena and Gabrielle
Parrotlet Names for Females
- A: Anita, Alice, Aria, Aurora, Ava.
- B: Babara, Berta, Bibi, Birgit, Birla.
- C: Cassi, Cleo, Cindy, Cinnamon, Coco, Cookie.
- D: Dione, Dora.
- E: Edda, Ela, Elli, Emily, Emma, Erna.
- F: Fili, Frieda.
- G: Gina, Ginger, Ginnie, Goldi, Greta, Gucci.
- H: Hedwig, Helga, Hertha, Hilda.
- I: Ilse, Irma, Isla.
- J: Jana, Josie, Jule, Juli, Juline.
- K: Karla, Kayla, Kiri.
- L: Lana, Lilli, Lina, Linda.
- M: Magret, Maja, Medusa, Mia, Moni.
- N: Nana, Nena, Nina, Nora.
- O: Odine, Olana, Olena, Omega, Ophelia.
- P: Pari, Paula, Pearl, Pia, Pieps, Pihu, Prada.
- Qu: Queenie, Quinta.
- R: Rosi, Roxana.
- S: Samba, Sandy, Sunny, Susi.
- T: Tara, Tessa, Thea, Tina, Tini, Trixie.
- U: Ulla, Undine.
- V: Venus,
Vicy, Viola, Vivi.
- W: Wanda, Wendy, Winny.
- X: Xena, Xenia.
- Y: Yara, Yuki, Yvette.
- Z: Zara, Zoe.
Names for Male Parrotlet Couples or Brothers
- Bran and Rickon (Game of Thrones)
- Chip and Chap
- Elmo and Grobi (Sesame Street)
- Ernie and Bert (Sesame Street)
- Itchy and Scratchy (The Simpsons)
- Timon and Pumba
- Tom and Jerry
- Walter White and Jesse Pinkman (Breaking Bad)
Books and Films:
- Batman and Robin
- C3PO and R2D2 (Star Wars)
- Calvin and Hobbes
- Cap and Capper
- Frodo and Bilbo/Sam (Lord of the Rings)
- Jekyll and Hyde
- Merry and Pippin (Lord of the Rings)
- Mogli and Balu
- Asterix and Obelix
- Fix and Foxi
- Garfield and Odie
- Tintin and Snowy (The Adventures of Tintin)
- Bud Spencer and Terence Hill
- David and Goliath
- John/Paul/George/Stuart/Ringo (Beatles)
- Mario and Luigi
- Romulus and Remus
- Siegfried and Roy
- Sonic and Tails
Parrotlet Names for Males
- A: Albert, Amadeus, Areion.
- B: Benni, Bilbo, Billi, Bobby
- C: Carl, Charlie, Chico, Coco, Cookie.
- D: Didi, Dino.
- E: Eddi, Emil, Emilian, Erwin.
- F: Felix, Ferdinand, Frank, Franz, Fred.
- G: Gandalf, George, Gizmo, Gustav.
- H: Hannes, Herby, Hermes, Hubert.
- I: Igor, Ingo.
- J: Jack, Jerry, Johann, Johannes, John, Jonny.
- K: Karl, Karsten, Kelvin, Kurt.
- L: Leo, Leon, Liam, Ludwig, Luis, Lukas, Lutz.
- M: Max(i), Milo, Miro, Mogli, Moritz, Mozart, Mucky.
- N: Neo, Nero, Nicky, Noah, Nolan.
- O: Odin, Okko, Ole, Olf, Oliver, Olli, Oskar, Otto.
- P: Pablo, Paco, Paul, Pegasus, Peter, Phönix, Pieps, Pluto, Poco.
- Qu: Quentin, Quinton, Quintus.
- R: Rican, Ricardo, Ric(h)ard, Rick, Rico, Rocko, Rusty.
- S: Sami, Sergio, Sinbad, Sirius, Sonny.
- T: Taro, Theo, Thor, Tim, Toby.
- U: Uno, Uranus.
- V: Verdi, Vincent, Vito.
- W: Walter, Willy.
- X: Xaver, Xino, Xing.
- Y: Yogi, Yoshi.
- Z: Zazu, Zippo, Zippy, Zorro.
This lists will NEVER be complete and will be extended as soon as I get more interesting parrotlet names ?
Do you know other great parrotlet names or have I forgotten any names that should appear in this list?
Please leave me a comment with your suggestions! ?
Finally, there is a little useless knowledge about parrot(let) names, because:
Parrotlet parents give their children individual melodys as names
That parrotlet parents give names to their children was discovered on the basis of free-living green-rumped parrotlets in Venezuela. In addition, the researchers found out that parrotlets were also called by their conspecifics with the same melody they got as small parrotlets from their parents ?
If you like the article feel free to share it with your friends and / or write me a nice comment.
Follow the everyday adventures of my parrotlets on Instagram: parrotlet_blog